|« Feb||Apr »|
Someone who is deciding to stop smoking permanently will always seek for the easiest and most effective way to do so. In truth, there are so many ways to kick the smoking habit; some have been proven effective and some still experimental but nevertheless all are designed to help people put a stop to their smoking. Here are some of the more common methods to smoking cessation.
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy – the most popular of this technique treatment is nicotine patches which can be bought at the local pharmacy. Some of the other products of this therapy include nicotine lozenges and nicotine gum. If you are healthy enough or just want to get rid of the smoking part of cigarette smoking, then this approach is for you. It does the trick in taking away the smoking habit but the addiction which makes you smoke in the first place is not resolved. In fact, it just reinforces the nicotine addiction.
- Laser Treatment – Many adherents of this technique claim it to be the easiest way to stop smoking completely saying that it has helped them remove their craving to smoke. Laser therapy is meant to produce and release endorphins and the endorphins combined with counseling therapy effectively help you stop smoking.
- Acupuncture – Someone who has decided to avail of acupuncture Davis to kick his smoking habit for good needs to have a good positive attitude about the treatment. This attitude alone is enough for that person to make the treatment optimally effective in achieving permanent smoking cessation. So many studies have time and time again shown that acupuncture reduces and many time stops permanently the urge to smoke. If you have selected this type of therapy, include group support to help you be treated immediately and completely.
- Hypnotherapy – Hypnotherapy or hypnosis controls the person’s subconscious to see cigarette smoking as unattractive and unhealthy for the body. The subconscious then helps in controlling and regulating the person’s body functions and helps the mind “view” cigarette smoking in a very negative light enough to feel revulsion and thus help stop smoking.
- Will power or cold turkey – A person who has incredible will power will be able to stop smoking just by willing it so. This person may just wake up from sleep one day and merely decides to stop smoking altogether and voila, he is now cured from cigarette smoking. Some people are strong enough to achieve this while others may need a little help from other methods.
Cold turkey means the withdrawal symptoms experienced when the person has not smoked for a relative amount of time. Here are some of the symptoms of smoking withdrawals: respiratory problems, coughing, sore throats, often severe headaches, stomach disorders including nausea and cramps, sweating and tingling in the extremities.
More than half of the US population is overweight. Many have developed complications and diseases such as cardiovascular conditions stroke and diabetes leading to more than 300,000 mortalities annually. Sadly, most of these mortalities can easily be averted with easy and effective weight reducing programs.
In the era of political correctness where truth is often suppressed in favor of being “politically correct” or being sensitive to certain groups of people, people now try to honestly look at themselves in the mirror and resolve to do something about their weight problem. True, there are quite a number of not-so-good weight loss programs available that even are detrimental to the health of the person. Drug diets are the most dangerous weight control program of all because they directly affect the health of the heart. Some programs may help you lose weight although they do not provide solutions to maintaining the desired weight. Most weight loss gurus do agree that losing weight and keeping the desired weight involves a multi pronged approach of lifestyle and dietary changes, and a little help from some alternative, effective and safe weight loss programs.
Reflexology may help you lose weight safely and in a relatively easy way. Reiki involves the association of the whole body to certain parts of the foot and when those foot regions are stimulated the body part that associates with that region of the foot likewise gets stimulated. Reiki has unique kinds of foot massages that set this principle in action and many people aver to its effectiveness in weight loss and other health benefits. Reiki likewise stimulates the endocrine system helping regulate hormones, which makes one be able to control his appetite better.
As with other forms of alternative modalities, acupuncture Miami also follows a multifaceted approach to treatment of disorders. A licensed and well trained acupuncturist always observes and studies the existing state of health of his patient first and foremost. He observes the flow of energy to all body parts and the way the flow helps manage and control digestion. Ultra thin needles inserted into specific sites in the body serve to remove any blockages that might have arisen in the energy vessels which hinders effective body metabolism. Blockages are then removed and this helps the person lose weight in many ways such as improved metabolism that enables the body to burn more calories quicker, added energy which compels the person to be active and lose more calories in the process and control appetite and food cravings. Acupuncture also helps to regulate the hormones of the body.
Acupuncture will not be successful in treating obesity or weight excess by itself. The person needs to exercise or be active and diet in order to keep his desired weight as long as possible or even permanently.
Eastern medicines such as acupuncture NYC have grown in popularity due to people’s growing awareness of the potency of alternative healing paths. Acupuncture has helped people with painful conditions such as body aches and back and shoulder pains. It also helps in relieving certain kinds of trauma and stress related pains.
Formulated thousands of years ago, acupuncture now has spread in popularity worldwide. It is a part of traditional Chinese medicine which sees the entire body as one whole with many parts or systems associating and interacting with each other. Occasionally, one of these systems becomes imbalanced. Acupuncture then is used to restore balance to this system. Acupuncturists believe that there are 14 vessels or channels that convey blood and energy to the major organs. These vessels connect to the gall bladder, pericardium, kidney, bladder, small intestine, heart, spleen, stomach, intestines and lungs.
The first thing an acupuncturist does to treat a patient is to examine the patient’s tongue to assess the color and size of the tongue and to observe its coating or tension. The acupuncturist will also ausculate the lungs to listen to any wheezing or any peculiar sound it may make as well as smell the patient of any body odor. Lastly the acupuncturist will observe any symptoms the patient might have. This can be pain, taste, thirst, appetite, perspiration, fever or chills, pallor, redness in the face, etc.
When you go in for an acupuncture treatment, the common procedure the acupuncturist will use on you will be needles inserted in various parts of your body. Since the needles that will be used on you is very thin, the sensation you most probably feel will be a twinge of sensation but not exactly pain.
Acupuncture is an all natural treatment that does not entail the use of pharmaceutical drugs. Hence, there are no side effects with acupuncture treatment. Acupuncture does not cause the stomach to be acidic or the mouth to dry or cause liver and kidney problems when used over and over again which are the side effects pharmaceutical drugs particularly prescription drugs have on the body. There is no danger at all that your internal body will be subjected to toxins and other harmful substances which pharmaceutical drugs have.
The risk acupuncture might entail is the risk of contamination from the needles. Therefore, you must seek treatment from a licensed and well-trained acupuncturist who uses disposable, single use and sterilized needles. Be sure that the office of the acupuncturist is clean and organized and the instruments he uses are all clean and sanitized. Acupuncture is safe only when the acupuncturist is licensed, well-trained and uses proper sanitary procedures that prevent any possibility of cross infection during treatments.
Happily, traditional Chinese Medicine offers a number of treatments that addresses hypertension; acupuncture Orlando is one of the more popular ones to address this problem. The use of acupuncture to treat hypertension can be seen in two ways, one, is the treatment of high blood pressure symptoms and the other is treating the patient as a whole. The treatment of high blood pressure symptoms is far easier and simpler. The acupuncturist needs only to determine that when certain meridian points are needled, the increased blood pressure will decline. Thus, the acupuncturist will keep on using these meridian points when diagnosis indicates the need to treat these points with needles. When attempting to treat the patient as a whole, the syndromes must first be studied. The acupuncturist needs to study the clinical pathology of the condition. This includes observing the signs and symptoms and signs of the disease and examining the patient’s pulse and appearance of the tongue to determine what kind of underlying health problem the patient suffers from that causes the high blood pressure. Physicians in China have been able to identify the four types of hypertension syndrome:
- Syndrome one can manifest in symptoms such as vigorous pulse, taut, red tongue with yellow coating, restlessness, bitter taste in the mouth, flushed eyes and face, headache and dizziness.
- Syndrome two has a collective symptom comprised of a rapid and pulse, taut, sleeplessness, amnesia, tinnitus, palpitation, hot feeling in the soles and palms, restlessness, dry mouth, dizziness and headache.
- Syndrome three has a collective manifestation of taut and thin pulse, dry and red tongue with little coating, sleeplessness, hot feeling in the soles and palms, tinnitus, weakness of legs and waist, dizziness, uncomfortable and dry feeling of the eyes.
- Syndrome three – thin and taut pulse, pale tongue with white coating, weakness of the legs and waist, tiredness, palpitation, tinnitus, headache and dizziness.
In China, the meridian points often selected for hypertension treatment are divided into two groups. One group is for the lessening of excessive yang and the other is to provide chi of the body. The first group s is used for excessive liver yang condition. If a deficiency in Yin and excessive yang both are manifested by the syndrome, then both groups are used. If the syndrome indicates kidney and liver yin insufficiency syndrome, then the second group is chosen.
This guide has served its purpose for hundreds of years and when hypertension is treated using these guidelines, the benefits become much more accented.
Acupuncture for hypertension treatment often has a mild effect on the patient. This means that no discomfort is felt by the patient when the blood pressure decreases. Also, there are no side effects experienced in acupuncture treatment for hypertension.
The overall health of your body is not complete if you do not include dental health and oral hygiene in it. Teeth care should be a daily priority for anyone but this will not be complete without going to the dentist in Fort Lauderdale every six months for dental cleaning and check up.
For most people though, bi annual visits to the dentist seem not to be a priority and are thusly recompensed by the accumulation of plaque in the teeth and gums, development of tooth cavities and various kinds of tooth and gum problems. Daily tooth brushing and flossing will not suffice if you really want to have impeccable teeth and healthy gums. A bi annual visit to the dentist in Fort Lauderdale will give you those.
Dental plaques always accumulate if you do not take care of your tooth and gums very well and they often lead to gum conditions like periodontitis and gingivitis. Most dental problems give rise to unpleasant experiences which take a toll on the self esteem and personality of those with these problems. Usually without proper dental care, the gums become weak and unhealthy causing the gums to swell and bleed easily. If this will not compel you to visit a dentist, then these problems may exacerbate to more severe gum diseases and bad breath due to the build up of bacteria in the mouth. The latter is a nasty condition and can cause you to be isolated socially. If you do suffer from these conditions, then your dentist can easily take care of these problems in the most professional way possible.
When you have a decayed tooth or a tooth cavity, the only right thing to address these problems is to go to the dentist. The dentist Fort Lauderdale will determine whether the tooth is still worth saving or needs to be extracted. If you really fear the procedures for tooth extraction or root canal, do not worry as the dentist is well-trained to do these procedures without any problems. Nowadays, tooth extraction is often a painless procedure and is something you urgently need.
Train your child not to be afraid to visit the Fort Lauderdale dentist. Impress on them the importance of daily brushing the teeth at least twice a day and floss once a day before bedtime. Your family dentist knows and does make dental care a fun and happy experience for both you and your child. Choose a dentist who is close to your home to avoid the hassle of driving far and long for you and your child’s dental appointments. You can ask if your dentist offers a discount particularly if you and your whole family come in for treatment. You can do an online search of the nearest Fort Lauderdale dentist and many of them have their own websites that you can use to check on his/her credentials and specialties.