|« Mar||May »|
More and more people are availing of alternative medicine each day. It can either be used in combination with conventional medicine or it can be used as a stand-alone treatment. More and more people are convinced of its efficacy than on the western conventional type of treatment. The reason is because it is relatively safer and more natural than the synthetic conventional ones which can cause negative side effects.
Among the various approaches to alternative types of treatment by far the more popular ones are herbal medicine, acupuncture, acupressure, physiotherapy and chiropractics.
Herbal medicine is as old as the human race. It entails the application of plants for treating health conditions. Various kinds of conventional drugs actually have ingredients of some of these plants but add synthetic chemicals and poisons like fluoride that harm the body. The more natural the herbal formula is the better it is for treatment. Some people have adverse reactions to certain herbs and before taking any of them make sure to consult with your doctor first to avoid any negative interactions with these plants.
Acupuncture Orlando and acupressure are widely used around the world especially in Asia. They are one of the most popular alternative treatments in the world. They are quite effective in the treatment and relief of pain though they differ in technique. Acupuncture always utilizes ultra thin needles which are inserted in strategic points in the body that elicit a therapeutic response to bring about pain relief. Specific areas on the body that are affected by pain are applied with needles to help address the pain and its cause. It has grown in popularity in the US and is one the more sought after alternative treatments there.
Acupressure is very similar to acupuncture but instead of needles, the hands, elbows and fingers of the practitioner are used to bring about treatment. The targeted areas are applied with pressure using the hands, elbows and fingers and bring about the same effect as acupuncture needles.
Chiropractics on the other hand deals with spinal problems and problems of the musculoskeletal system. Chiropractics believe that the problems originating in the spine is the cause of many other health conditions that seem to be unrelated to the problem of the spine. Chiropractic medicine is all about spinal therapy. The chiropractor’s hands are the main tools the chiropractor uses to treat spinal conditions. This type of treatment is most effective for back and neck pain.
Physiotherapy commonly known as massage therapy is a thousand year old type of treatment used by almost all cultures in the world. It is a very good form of therapy and a great way to achieve overall well-being, boost the immune system and improve sleep.
Are you having a hard time quitting smoking? Do not worry; you are not alone in this predicament. Difficulty in quitting cigarette smoking is experienced by hundreds of millions of addicted cigarette smokers all over the world. If you find it hard to quit smoking, there are effective processes that can help you quit smoking. In fact there are a wide variety of treatments that you can choose from and it is up to you to know what will be the most effective one for you. Some of these therapies include cold laser treatment, homeopathic therapies, herbal supplements, hypnosis and acupuncture
Acupuncture St Helens is widely used in Asia as a treatment for various kinds of ailments and conditions. It uses ultra thin needles inserted at energy points in the body usually under or on the ears. The treatment is meant to stimulate biochemical reactions to aid people reduce their cigarette smoking cravings. In spite of its technological advances Western medical science is ill equipped to truly understand how acupuncture and other natural alternatives really work. Nevertheless, it is the people that got cured and treated with acupuncture et al that show that these kinds of natural alternative treatments really do work and a lot of people have been indeed cure of their smoking habits with acupuncture in spite of the lack of evidence by mainstream science that it does work. Another great aid to help you quit smoking is to take herbal supplements. Some of these supplements are strong enough to suppress the smoking urges and unlike prescription medications, herbal supplements have no side effects and are comparatively safer than prescription meds.
Homeopathic pills are also widely available and are quite effective for certain types of people. One rather alternative treatment but also used by psychotherapists/hypnotherapists is hypnosis. Another procedure that is a modern spin off to acupuncture is called cold laser treatment. The laser light is the tool used rather than needles for this treatment and because energy is used for stimulation the treatment is quite effective and more potent than acupuncture.
Another smoking cessation treatment is called curiously smoker cough. The way this treatment works is it increases cilia activity that allows the person to reflexively cough out the toxins accumulated in the lungs so that breathing can be improved greatly and the addictive substances such as nicotine can be expelled out the body. These are just some of the many natural alternative treatments which you can use to combat smoking craving. Most of these treatments are not costly and are safe to use. It is a matter of finding what particular treatment you most responsive to. Who knows one of them might truly be the therapy to help you stop smoking permanently.
Joint pain can have many causes. In non inflammatory causes, the technical term for joint pain is called arthralgia as opposed to arthritis which literally means inflammation of the joints. Joint pain caused by osteoarthritis is one of the easier conditions that can be addressed. Some causes of joint pain might be weakness in the immune function of the body. There are indeed severe cases of joint pain which need to be addressed properly and promptly. If the joint pain is not severe enough to endanger a life, some forms of alternative treatments can be utilized. Some of these treatments are truly effective in relieving joint pain and some of them like acupuncture Fort Lauderdale can bring about long term relief and in some truly fortunate cases, permanent relief.
Acupuncture is a very popular form of pain treatment in Asia especially in China where it originated from 5000 years ago. Acupuncture was actually introduced in the US as primarily a form of pain treatment. Because of its potency when performed by a skilled acupuncturist it is sometimes used as a form of anesthesia/analgesia for major surgeries where the patient needs to stay awake and conscious. Decades ago, most doctors in the West think of acupuncture as more of pseudo medicine rather than a genuine form of therapy. Today, there are literally thousands of doctors who are practicing medical acupuncturists. This is proof of its potency and its manifested health benefits to individuals. Oftentimes, the doctor practices acupuncture in the hospital or sometimes in his office. Acupuncture helps relieve pain including joint pain by releasing biochemicals in the body stimulated by acupuncture needles which help relieve pain. Certain body points are utilized and inserted with hair thin acupuncture needles that effectively cause the body to block out the joint pain. Medical acupuncturists refer to endorphins as the biochemicals that acupuncture releases to help relax a patient and neutralize the joint pain.
One other way great way to lessen joint pain is by taking herbal medications. There are so many herbal formulas to treat joint pain. Some of them include camphor, menthol, ginger, Indian ginseng and licorice among many others. An herb called peperomia is widely used by Asians to specifically help with their joint pain. Its leaves and stalks are edible and one can include this herb in salads or eat them raw. The herbs should be strictly regulated by a licensed herbalist. Problems may arise in taking herbal medications if the person is presently under prescription drugs whose effects can be neutralized by the herb. The herbalist should know what the person’s medications currently are so that the herbalist may be able to pick out the right herbal combination to address the person’s joint pain.
Back pain is not only one of the most common forms of pain in the US, it is also one of the most common type of pain in the world. Back pain often strikes older people, starting in their 40s. People whose work is to lift heavy loads are often the ones who suffer from this condition even if they wear back braces all the time although the extent of their condition is less worse than those who do not use back braces at all in lifting heavy loads. Fortunately, there are several ways to treat back pain. Listed below are some of the more effective treatments available for back pain sufferers.
- Acupuncture New York is an ancient form of Chinese healing tradition whose roots can be traced as far back as 5000 years ago or around 2500 B.C. The underlying theory about acupuncture is that the body possesses points that can help alleviate pain in body parts including ligaments, tendons and muscles. A runner for example, suffering from shin splints can avail of acupuncture treatment. For shin splints the body point is located behind the knee. By either using acupuncture needles or applying manual pressure behind the knee, the shin splint pain can be effectively addressed. Acupuncturists believe that the body is interconnected and what affects one part will affect the rest of the body.
- Massage therapy or sometimes referred to as physiotherapy is probably the most relaxing way to treat back pain. This is so because massage therapy allows the muscles to relax and improves blood flow throughout the body. This procedure does relieve discomfort, muscle stiffness and severe pain in the back and other painful parts of the body. Massage therapy induces healing at a more rapid rate especially in pulled muscles or joints or in injuries. It has been shown to increase healing at a much faster rate when an area is pulled or injured.
- Chiropractic is a great form of back treatment. This procedure actually focuses on problems of the spine which often is the cause of back and neck pain. The chiropractor is interested in problems of the neuromusculoskeletal systems and they use diagnostic imaging such as x-rays, MRIs etc., to help identify the underlying cause of the back pain. They treat misaligned joints in the spine or bones that may have been misaligned. Like massage therapists, chiropractors use their hands to treat the spinal problem of the patient manipulating the spine in a way that restores the misaligned joints to their correct spots. This type of procedure, like massage therapy, is very soothing to the body and very effective in treating back pain. The chiropractor often treats a patient not in terms of merely alleviating the pain but attempts to repair the underlying cause of the back pain on a more permanent basis.
People who are diagnosed with high blood pressure seldom shrug this bit of bad news away and go on with their life as if nothing has changed in their life. Since they know that high blood pressure can be deadly leading to a stroke or heart attack, they seek ways, preferable natural ones to lower their blood pressure instead of taking the pharmaceutical medications their doctor will most likely prescribe for them as a way to manage their high blood pressure problem. Listed below are few but effective ways of managing and controlling your high blood pressure.
- Include tomatoes to your diet – Researchers have detected that lycopene which is mostly found in tomatoes as quite good at lowering high blood pressure. This was concluded by one Dr. Esther Paran, a leading medical researcher in hypertension. Tomatoes added to the diet can help lower diastolic pressure by 4 points and the systolic blood pressure by 10 points studies have shown. Ingesting at least 4 tomatoes a day can help a lot and adding tomatoes to your food will benefit you in terms of effectively managing your blood pressure. Tomato supplements can also help.
- Exercise – This is old knowledge but quite true. Exercising actually benefits your body in more way than one and lowering blood pressure is one important benefit that exercising gives the person. Cardio, aerobics, bike, treadmill, walking or jogging exercises can all be helpful in reducing weight and in lowering blood pressure. Exercising also helps one to stay emotionally healthy as well. Studies have proven that exercise can lower systolic points by 11 and diastolic points by 9.
- Eat Low Fat Foods – A good amount but well balanced amount of low fat dairy products, lean proteins, whole grains, vegetables and fruits are essential in combating high blood pressure. Lean meat and foods low in saturated fat as well as products low in cholesterol can lower your blood pressure substantially.
- Acupuncture Louisville – According to some studies done recently, mild electrical pulses targeted on certain points on the front legs of rats lowered the blood pressure of those rats considerably. This study was encouraging to say the least and it helps pave the way for clinical trials of this type on humans in the near future. Still, acupuncture treatment for weight loss has been quite successful and one of the benefits of this treatment is it lowers stress in the body which is one major cause of high blood pressure. Acupuncture is quite safe and anyone can avail of it. Electro acupuncture may be more effective than traditional acupuncture in terms of relieving stress, relaxing the muscles and improving blood flow which are all good factors in lowering high blood pressure.
The purpose of in vitro fertilization is to give hope to couples to become parents of children of their own flesh and blood. However, due to its very invasive procedure, in vitro fertilization or IVF can be costly as well as extremely physically and emotionally draining for these couples. To assist these couples endure this procedure which for them seem to be the best answer for their infertility problem, natural health therapies can aid them and in some instances can be even more effective as a way to conceive than IVF itself. Natural health procedures cost less considerably, can help the female conceive naturally rather than the artificial procedure of IVF, help prevent any pregnancy complications or miscarriages along the way and help the female experience a relatively easy and quick child birth. These natural health ways primarily are stress relievers which help couples become responsible parents and help them adjust with their role as parents.
Nutrition – Consuming a large amount of organic vegetables and fruits is one way of achieving fertility. Organic produce are very high in enzyme, vitamin and mineral content. They likewise contain a great amount of anti-oxidants which protect the health of the sperm and egg from chemical and environmental factors. Besides fruits and vegetables, taking supplements of these kinds (enzyme, vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants) also aid greatly in achieving fertility.
Detox – Starting from six weeks before the actual IVF procedure starts, ingesting herbal formulas to detoxify the body is one way of becoming fertile and thus achieving conception. The herbal formulas will clean your body by eliminating accumulated toxins from the body. Detoxfication can also be effective in between cycles of IVF to remove those excess and leftover fertility drugs required for IVF. When you become pregnant detox is not advisable anymore as it might negatively affect the baby.
Bellevue Acupuncture – Acupuncture is the most ancient existing procedure that deals with male and female reproductive issues. It still is quite useful and popular in China and parts of the Far East for treating male and female infertility. Today, in Western society it is an effective natural alternative treatment that is used by some medical acupuncturists along with conventional medicine for treating infertility conditions especially since it helps lessen the side-effects of conventional fertility drugs. Acupuncture is quite successful as a stand-alone treatment for non-structural causes of infertility. This therapy also regulates the body helping to produce healthy and normal follicles, improve blood circulation to the uterus and greatly lessens the chance of miscarriages. Acupuncture treatment for male infertility is seen in the way acupuncture betters, strengthens and raises the quality of sperm in count, motility and morphology. Acupuncturists who have long experience in treating infertility conditions are often highly trained and licensed professionals who often specialize in infertility treatment.