Someone who is deciding to stop smoking permanently will always seek for the easiest and most effective way to do so. In truth, there are so many ways to kick the smoking habit; some have been proven effective and some still experimental but nevertheless all are designed to help people put a stop to their smoking. Here are some of the more common methods to smoking cessation.
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy – the most popular of this technique treatment is nicotine patches which can be bought at the local pharmacy. Some of the other products of this therapy include nicotine lozenges and nicotine gum. If you are healthy enough or just want to get rid of the smoking part of cigarette smoking, then this approach is for you. It does the trick in taking away the smoking habit but the addiction which makes you smoke in the first place is not resolved. In fact, it just reinforces the nicotine addiction.
- Laser Treatment – Many adherents of this technique claim it to be the easiest way to stop smoking completely saying that it has helped them remove their craving to smoke. Laser therapy is meant to produce and release endorphins and the endorphins combined with counseling therapy effectively help you stop smoking.
- Acupuncture – Someone who has decided to avail of acupuncture Davis to kick his smoking habit for good needs to have a good positive attitude about the treatment. This attitude alone is enough for that person to make the treatment optimally effective in achieving permanent smoking cessation. So many studies have time and time again shown that acupuncture reduces and many time stops permanently the urge to smoke. If you have selected this type of therapy, include group support to help you be treated immediately and completely.
- Hypnotherapy – Hypnotherapy or hypnosis controls the person’s subconscious to see cigarette smoking as unattractive and unhealthy for the body. The subconscious then helps in controlling and regulating the person’s body functions and helps the mind “view” cigarette smoking in a very negative light enough to feel revulsion and thus help stop smoking.
- Will power or cold turkey – A person who has incredible will power will be able to stop smoking just by willing it so. This person may just wake up from sleep one day and merely decides to stop smoking altogether and voila, he is now cured from cigarette smoking. Some people are strong enough to achieve this while others may need a little help from other methods.
Cold turkey means the withdrawal symptoms experienced when the person has not smoked for a relative amount of time. Here are some of the symptoms of smoking withdrawals: respiratory problems, coughing, sore throats, often severe headaches, stomach disorders including nausea and cramps, sweating and tingling in the extremities.